Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Advantages and disadvantages

Advantages

  • Students feel motivated to learn using technologies.
  • Motivates independent learning.
  • Although at the beginning classes with technology demand a lot of time investment, it can save time later.
  • Using blogs and groups works as a bank of activities that remains there for further use.
  • Lots of paper can be saved.


Disadvantages

  • Problems with the Internet connection can be frustrating.
  • There are still many places where there is not the necessary equipment.
  • Some teachers and students are still reluctant to use technologies for learning purposes.
  • Planning classes with technologies is time consuming.
  • It is not worth using technology per se, it is necessary to go beyond and explore its pedagogical possibilities.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the training about blogs.I hope I can take advantages of them with my students. I am really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the workshop, I think it will be very useful for my future classes

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was nice to notice that is no hard creating a blog... if you are skillful or nor it doesn't matter... go and try by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana,

    I just wanted to thank you for giving me such a nice and useful idea to show my students a different way to learn English.

    I`ll keep in touch to let you know how it`s working.

    Thanks a lot.
    HAND
    Carolina Herrera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the workshop, I think it is a great tool for both teachers and students.
    thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete